- Visual and hands on examination of the horse’s head.
- Check incisors, jaw alignment and movement with Hausmann gag.
- Access horse’s demeanour are they anxious or painful?
- Check tongue, cheeks, gums and lips, looking for ulcers, food packing and areas of pain.
- Teeth are checked for correct positioning, looseness, overgrowths, sharp points, ridges, fractures, caries (decay).
- Checking is carried out by feeling and visually with a light and mirror.
- Creating a dental chart to record the dental history of the horse.
Ask The Vet - What Does a Routine Dental Checkup Involve?
March 02, 2018
Macmillan Coffee morning - Please join us or just donate
EQU STREAMZ - We are delighted to be stockists of these magnetic fetlock bands
Updated Information Sheet On Liver Disease
Summer Update at Deben Valley Equine
See our latest information sheet on EOTRH
Vettings (PrePurchase Examinations) Guidance During Covid-19 Pandemic - UPDATE
Equine herpes EHV-1 neurological form
Annual Worming Programmes 2021
Info Sheet: Dentistry
Info Sheet: Dental Mondays
News: Dental Mondays are BACK
News: Dental Mondays 2018
News: Dentals Ask the Vet 2
News: Dental Mondays - March April 2018
Info Sheet: Dental Caries
News: Dental Monday
News: Dental Monday 13th May 2019
Info Sheet: What is EOTRH syndrome?
News: Latest information sheet on EOTRH
News: Update on our equine veterinary services
Info Sheet: Riding Establishment Inspections
Info Sheet: Sedation for Horses
Info Sheet: Veteran Horse
Info Sheet: Cushing's Disease (PPID)
Info Sheet: Insurance Tips